Refinishing a Dresser
In order to complete this project I had to buy/find the following:
a couple sheets of sand paper (coarse and fine grains)
1 gallon Kilz Premier Primer (yes, PREMIER, it will save you 3 coats and only costs about $4 more)
1 gallon paint color (I chose Swiss Coffee by Valspar)
1 new dense foam roller (6" was perfect for this job) and some backup rollers just in case
Step 1:
Find and purchase your dresser. I found this one on Craigslist for $125 and am so excited because it looks just like this one from Pottery Barn, just a lot less expensive!
Step 2:
Sand down the dresser until all the varnish is gone (I used a pretty coarse grain sand paper - 80, I think.)
| pre sanded drawer |
![]() |
| sanding the drawer (love the power tools!) |
| post-sanded drawer |
Step 3:
Wipe away any dust/particles left from the sanding process.
Step 4:
Apply primer in thin layers. I let each coat dry before applying the next and only had to apply 2 coats of primer because that stuff is amazing!
| 1st coat of primer |
| 2nd coat of primer |
If you have small imperfections, sand them down lightly in between coats.
... more coming soon, I'm not done yet!

No comments:
Post a Comment