Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome Travis!

I know this is what you want, so I'll get right to the point... and if you want to keep reading, you go right ahead :)

Photos Galore!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=835621955311%3A134131990


I've been working on this blog post for 3-4 days usually between 2-6am while Travis is feeding... so if things don't make a WHOLE LOT of sense, chalk it up to sleep deprivation: 






We made a miracle of a baby. 
I still don't have my head wrapped around the whole idea of it - from nothing to so much something... And now, we are the parents!?! 

Breastfeeding
When did breast feeding become such a focus of our lives?  My milk "came in" around 2 am on Friday and life for Travis is a bit easier now. He sleeps deeper (it seems) and has made it through the transition poopies. His little tummy is adjusting to the new food and its so sad to watch when he is gassy or needs to potty and doesn't really know why his body is being the way it is.  He has a really strong latch but I can't seem to get him parked in the garage the right way.  

Right now he is figuring it out and so am I - it hasn't been the easiest skill for either of us to learn and as of today, we definitely haven't mastered it.  Hopefully soon. He's getting the hiccups but last night I discovered the magic of Gripe Water and WOWZA... happy baby!  

On Saturday, Tammy, Drake, Travis and I went to Buy Buy Baby and got a My Breast Friend nursing pillow and it seems to be helping me get him positioned much better. We also got a Medela Freestyle pump that I LOVE using... I'm planning on storing up as much liquid gold as I can so I have "enough" when I go back to work.  

My amazing husband
Jason is turning into a baby whisperer. He's a master diaperer and burper.  I don't know what I'd do without him. At 2, 4 and 6am (well anytime really, but those are the most selfless times, to me) he'll take Travis from me after he eats and he does all the hard work - burping a crying kid, dressing the squirmer and eventually rocking him back to sleep while I'm back in bed resting.  He's also a cook, shopper, housekeeper, dish washer, laundry folder... I tell you what, that man works so hard and all so I can focus on Travis more.  Today I insisted he go hunting with his brother and niece - he loves it so much and I'm a big believer in recharging your fun batteries... especially since he's the one that gets all the not-so-fun jobs.  I think he had a really good time - he came home and went straight to assembling the new bouncer chair (so cute! Thanks Aunt Susan!)

The Pediatrician 
Travis weighed in a 8.3lbs at the hospital and last Thursday we took him to his first pediatrician visit and he was still at 7.9lbs (healthy boy!)  We love the practice and are so excited to have found such a great group of physicians. 

First Bath
We gave Travis his first bath to ring in the New Year with a fresh baby. The pictures are on the link, but, let me just say,  it was pitiful. He was cold, he cried almost the entire time and for me, it was one of the most scary things we've done - mostly because even after watching videos and reading all about it, I just don't know if we were doing it right!  Poor kid.  We're learning buddy... unfortunately you're our test dummy.  



Goodness, there is so much more to share - but for now, I've got to run.  My little guy just woke up and he's hungry, which means I'll be down two hands for the next 45 minutes.  


Love you all,
Cyndy

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again Bagley Family! Travis is such a cutie! Cyndy and Jason y'all did such a great job capturing your little guy's first week. The pictures are adorable. Sounds like you are doing a great job adjusting.... keep up the great work nursing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...