Today was a mighty good and big day...
1. My sweet husband turned 31 today
2. My sweet son ate his first solid food today
3. My sweet dad started recovery from quadruple bypass surgery today
Holy geez, it was a big day!
Happy Birthday Jason! This year is a lot more relaxed than it was last year - for J's 30th, we had close to 60 people at our house all celebrating him. This year, we spent the entire day together as a little family of 3. It was absolutely beautiful, filled with peanut butter toast, mighty fine burgers, lots of baby gear shopping, academy, grilling steaks, new food adventures for T and a lot of together time. I loved it, as low key as it was.
In the spirit of documenting all the big moments in our lives, here is a photo montage for your viewing pleasure on T's first solid food. He is just over 4 and a half months old. Our big boy.
 |
| All ready to go. Naked, diapered and excited about solid foods! |
 |
| The first bite! |
 |
| hmmmm... this is strange. |
 |
| eeew.... this doesn't taste very good. |
 |
| I don't think so... |
 |
| Mommy, just because you're doing it, doesn't make it taste any better. |
 |
| yuck. yuck. yuck. |
 |
| I did it! WHAT?! |
 |
| Woo Hoo! It's over! |
 |
| aahhhhhhh... |
 |
| Happy Birthday Daddy! |
Happy birthday Jason! Congratulations Travis and Get Well Soon Papa!
I love you all :)
LOL! Great pictures. He clearly did not want his cereal. So many things at once, new taste, new texture. Oh boy! What a sweetie pie. I started Henley with avocado and banana (pureed in the food processor). She loved it! Glad you all had a nice, relaxing day for Jason's birthday. Low-key family days like that are just priceless!
ReplyDelete