Sunday, July 15, 2012

Travis' first fight

Travis got in his first fight tonight...
With the bathtub.

The bathtub won.

Poor kid was trying to stand up during bath time and went tumbling down the side of the tub. I was holding one of his arms, but he managed to swing around and clipped his little right eye on the edge of the tub. A couple very loud huffing screams later, some baby tylenol, a soapy wet kid, a bag of frozen peas and all is well. We'll see if he's got a shiner (or worse, a swollen shut eye!) tomorrow.

Poor little guy. I promise I don't beat my kid.

Jason was reassuring and said:
"Well, get used to it, he's a boy and he's mobile."

(Did I mention he's crawling!?)

He bonked his forehead in the tile floor this morning. It was a bit of a rough day.

Ugh. My heart. I just held and rocked him until he fell asleep and even now I just want to snuggle with him. And its just his first bump.

How do parents do this?

Trying not to drive myself crazy with worry... Its just a bump.

Bon nuit - cb.

2 comments:

  1. Awww.... Poor baby! It will definitely get easier... Hunter chipped his tooth on the floor a few weeks ago and I didn't even notice until the next day!!! How horrible of a mom am I????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...poor baby, but like Jason said, get used to it! H already has a tiny scar by her eye from rolling off the bed. =( I like to think of it as a right of passage every child has to go through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...