Saturday, December 1, 2012

Deck the Halls!

Today we decorated the house in lights... oh oh oh how I love Christmas lights!  Why do they bring me such JOY?!  I do not know but every year I can't wait to turn them on.

There's been so much going on lately I haven't had a minute to catch you up... but, 'tis the season for twinkle lights and I couldn't be happier.  We've been pulling boxes out of the attic, borrowing super tall ladders, climbing on the roof, wrapping wrapping wrapping - oh I just love it.

Travis and I stood outside today for about 15 minutes staring at the reindeer in our yard and admiring all the hard work that Jason and I did this afternoon.  Want to see it?  I'll share the process because sadly, I have no real finished pictures (maybe soon!)

Here is my super man on the roof stringing lights... what a guy. 

and my little man a wee bit worried about his daddy...

up, up, up, and away he goes...

 "Don't fall daddy!"
 (see those teeth! Finally, the tooth milestone - he started getting the top two at 10 1/2 months!)

Here he is almost done!

Jason hates hanging Christmas lights and I love love love hanging them (mostly because I realize that all that hard work is SO worth it for me) and finally this  year he let me hang them - I think he's scared I'll fall off the ladder, but he stayed with me the whole time, quietly watching and let me move just as slow as molasses in order to get them on just the way I like them.  Sweet man.

Yesterday was a lot of fun too... we pulled down the Christmas tree and we got it lit and decorated.  Travis just stared at it in wonder... it was so cute.  I guess he must not remember seeing his very first Christmas tree when he was 4 days old!

My baby... 11 months old on his daddy's knee.  

Merry December everyone!  I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas season :) 
xoxo, cyndy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...