Monday, October 10, 2011

Nesting or Crazy??

I don't know if this is nesting on crack or if I'm actually going crazy, but this week Jason and I are trying new things to make new habits before we have this new baby...



Step 1:


Goes a little something like this:


15 Minutes a Day Cleaning Schedule



Sunday: Sweep and mop floors, organize mail & magazines.
Mondays: Clean bedrooms - put dirty clothes in hampers, pick up shoes, re-hang/fold clean clothes, pickup misplaced items on the floor, bed, desk, dresser. Remove all clothes from laundry room to closet/drawers.
Tuesdays: Clean kitchen - clean countertops, stove top, microwave & sink.  Wipe problem spots on the floor. Wipe down cabinet doors. Take out trash. De-clutter fridge.
Wednesdays: Clean guest bathroom - including toilet, counters, sink, mirror, tub & shower surround.  Spray the shower curtain liner with tub & tile cleanser.
Thursdays: Clean master bathroom - including toilet, counters, sink, mirror, tub, & shower.  Spray shower surround with tub & tile cleanser.
Fridays: Clean living room - wipe down couch, dust entertainment center.  Wipe down nice furniture with polish.
Saturday: Vacuum house thoroughly - vacuum each room, occasionally do vents and curtains and window crevices.
Last But Not Least 
Maintain house daily by making beds, picking up things and IMMEDIATELY putting items away.  Throw junk mail away immediately.  Fold blankets and put TV trays away every evening before bed or before we leave the house.  Put dishes directly in dishwasher (not sink).


--
Now, don't laugh, because I know it seems all crazy, but it is actually SO COOL - our house looks great and I keep up with things so much better now.  Jason even bargained with me that if I pick up my shoes and put them in the closet (not the kitchen table, sofa, coffee table, floor... you get the point) that he will make the bed!  I love a made bed.  Love love love.  


Step 2:
We're trying a new meal planning schedule...

Goes a little something like this:



Sunday            Pork Spareribs
Monday Meatloaf
Tuesday          Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday Chili Beef Stuffing Mix
Thursday        Leftovers
Friday Leftovers
Saturday  Leftovers


--
Jason is out of town Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so I figure I'll either eat leftovers or fend for myself.  The neat thing is, this weekend when we went shopping, I only needed to buy and extra 12 things or so from my "usuals" and I am able to make 4 big huge meals :) 

And, because I'm nesting, or crazy, I have planned out the next 2 weeks - I have 12 recipes that I have prepared (I made these little notecards that have all the ingredients, directions, serving and cooking information in one place so I don't have to dig through cookbooks!)

We'll see how long this lasts - but it's making J very happy... he loves having planned meals because we're not so stressed in the evening trying to figure out what we are going to eat, and he is so HELPFUL - yesterday he made almost the entire meal... amazing husband I have.  Tonight he cleaned all my cooking mess up and we spent easily 4 hours talking (no TV). I think no food stress is good for our relationship! 

Hope it lasts!
xoxo, cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...