Yes, that's right. Baby-palooza... this past month has been full of all things baby... baby showers, car seat adaptors, strollers, nursery organization, linens, crib skirts, 4,000 trips to target, pottery barn baby, babies r us, buy buy baby and BABY CLASSES.
This past weekend Jason and I went to our first Child Birthing class at St. David's Hospital. Did I mention that I was born here? It is so special to me that our little guy will be born in the same hospital I was.
The class was from 10-4pm this past Saturday, we learned all sorts of things about breathing and the support persons role and Jason's amazing abilities to massage my achy back (he's actually REALLY good at it - who knew, all these years he's been holding out on me!)
Last night, we had Baby Boot Camp - it was GREAT... a 2 hour class that focused on swaddling, how to change diapers, how to burp babies, car seats, circumcision, breastfeeding vs. formula, the magic fever number of 100.4 degrees, and SO MUCH MORE... I learned a TON.
We have 2 more classes to go to; next Saturday is Child Birthing part 2, and next Monday is the Breastfeeding class. J is coming to all of them with me and I feel so blessed to have such a supportive husband (even if he moans and groans about it from time to time.) He is going to be a great father.
Sleeping these days is getting tricky... I feel like I'm constantly shifting from my left to my right side and never really satisfied with the sleep when I wake up in the morning. Last night "Mr. T" kicked me so hard I literally had to use some of the breathing techniques I learned at class this weekend. He has a favorite spot... just right around my kidney, that he finds and just nails over and over. It takes all my focus not to bark at him and grumpily ask him to stop kicking my belly.
Food has become much more of a focus these days too... Jason and I are still successfully meal planning - actually, our little system has upgraded. I got a chalk board from Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago, and I write the weeks meals on it and build a grocery list around it. Amazingly, this system is so easy.
I have been making these cute recipe cards too, but I find that they take QUITE SOME TIME to make, and this week I just decided to pick up one of my million cookbooks and make meals out of that book. Next week I'll try a new book. I write the page numbers on my chalk board so it's easy to reference back to the recipes.
Last night, I made Smokey Chicken Pizza. Believe it or not, I've never made pizza before! AND LET ME TELL YOU, it was delightful. I was so proud of myself. BBQ sauce, with grilled chicken, caramelized red onions, cremini mushrooms, fresh julianned basil and a ton of mozzarella cheese... it was so yummy. I have two pieces that are waiting for me to eat them at lunch today.
Thanks for coming by to read about us! Hopefully, I will get back into the swing of blogging, but for now, I'm doing what I can! SOON ENOUGH, I'll post pictures of the nursery so you all can see it. I just don't feel like it's ready yet... but who knows if I'll ever consider it done!
ONE MORE THING - the UPS guy just delivered the car seat adaptors so now we have a fully functioning car seat/stroller system. SO EXCITED!!!! I went on a wild goose chase in Plano, Texas (yes, that's Dallas!) to find an adaptor so our car seat would work with our stroller and it turned out to be the wrong one! Good grief... so thanks to the magic of the internet, I was able to find a different adaptor system and it WORKS!!! Jumping, jumping for joy!


No comments:
Post a Comment