Friday, December 2, 2011

Nursery Photos

No fancy photo update but I wanted to let everyone know that life is just peachy around here... not a whole lot to share other than we are patiently waiting for our little man to arrive whenever he wants. 

I had an appointment with Dr. Carter (my OBGYN) this afternoon - I'm 37 and a half weeks along already! (for those of you who don't speak pregnancy weeks, I'm 9.5 months).  We were supposed to check to see if I've dilated at all, but she literally had to run because someone else was having a baby at the same time as my appointment - sooo... we will have to wait until next Friday to see if there is any progress.

I have my last big hoo-rah for work next week on Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm hosting a recruiting conference here in Austin and it would be great if this little man would just hold on past the conference... then, it's pretty much smooth sailing.  All my major work obligations will be out of the way and I can de-stress! (though, honestly, I'm not really even stressed now... I've done this enough times that I have a pretty solid system down and my 2 admins in Dallas are AMAZING at helping get all the logistical stuff taken care of.  Amazing I tell you.  Amazing!)



What else?  Doc says I'm "ridiculously healthy" which is something a girl can never hear too much!  I must be eating enough of the good stuff and my recent Resee's Peanut Butter Sonic Blast addiction must all be going straight to the baby :)

Speaking of food... I think this kid must like world cuisine.  Since pregnant, I have loved Thai and Indian food more than anything else (well, icecream, you'll always be #1).  Honestly, I can't get enough of it.  I don't always let myself have it, but I sure do enjoy every last slurp of Tom Yum and bite of Chicken Tikki Masala.  What are these words?  10 months ago, I'd've had a hard time telling you!  Hopefully some of his amazing culinary taste will rub off on his daddy, who would honestly be happy eating a hamburger with pitcher of Rudy's sweet tea every day of his life.

Jason's out of town this weekend... he's on one of his last Youth Hunt's of the season.  That means, I'll be busily wrapping Christmas Gifts and I am planning on tackling the nursery mobile sometime soon.  We'll see how it goes... I have high hopes, but have never made one, so keep your fingers crossed.

As for the nursery, there are some preview pictures on facebook... which I might as well just share here!  I took these pictures at 1am a couple weekends ago when I couldn't sleep, so the lighting isn't the best, but you'll get the idea.




The walls are actually a grey color... not nearly as green as in that first picture.  I love it.  It's a good thing God gives us 10 months to plan for a new addition in a household, I honestly don't know how we would do it if I had less time!    

Okie-dokie, I think that's all for now.  

xoxo, cb. 

2 comments:

  1. I think maybe you should have gone into interior design. Everything looks fabulous as do you. We just can't wait for your baby boy to get here so we can all meet him! We think about you and Jason often. Love all three of you!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofie la Giraffe! Mark loved Sofie and so did I: she smelled nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...