Saturday, December 26, 2015

Quilt top done!

Here it is... Quilt top is done! I'll be on the hunt for some dark fabrics for the back and the binding. I'm so excited. This is by far the most complicated, intricate quilt I've made and it is so much fun. 

What's killing me is, I'm not even close to finishing this thing and I'm already on to the next hunt for the quilt I want to make for Barrett. And then, I worry that if Barrett's isn't as complicated, am I favoring Pierce?

So then I wonder, why did I make this one for Pierce and not Barrett - and I go back to pure early childhood brainwashing :) Pierce has been all about whatever "bank-ie" is around him and I want to get in on this action and put an official blankie in his possession early enough that it becomes "THE" bank-ie!  

And now, I've got to move fast so in can imprint on Barrett's blankie preference too!  


Here's a close up of one of the blocks...


And the little blocks from where they came...


I'm sure NOONE out there cares as much as I do, but for some reason, the creation of something that can warm someone up, from random yards of fabric, is so extremely amazing to me. It's like a little baby coming out of nowhere... But obviously not as amazing as a baby. 

It's late. I'm rambling.

Okay... Merry Christmas everyone - I hope you had an amazing time with your families and friends :)

-CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...