Monday, July 11, 2016

Lonestar Quilt

I think I should rename this blog to "boys & quilts" because they are how I spend my free time if I'm not eating and drinking my way around San Antonio and Austin! 

The creative junkie in me has started a new quilt. I saw this super cute wall hanging and I decided I needed to figure out a way to make it! 

 
Do you see that one in the middle on the top row? That's the one I fell in love with!

Little did I know how complicated it is to put this thing together... But as with all these projects,  I'm learning new tricks & that helps keep the process fun and fresh! 

This is absolutely precision work. I have to cut the fabric on the bias - it gets stretchy and out of shape really easily if I'm not careful. Then trying to match up the strips on points that are not nesting, basically means I'm sewing them together blind. 
 

There are in incredible amount of intersections and points that have to lineup and I am definitely not a professional in that category but I'm getting a ton of practice! Tons and tons of pins! 

 

I've managed to finish 2 - I'm going to keep making them with the navy blue but change the alternate color. Next up mint or aqua or grass green. I'm thinking stars in ombre colors. We will see! 

And no, I don't know who this one is for. It'll be a surprise :) 

xoxo, CB

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...