Today we drove out to Brehnam, Texas to visit the Bluebell Ice Cream factory. It was wooonderful. Seriously, icecream may be God's greatest invention.
Travis and Drake really seemed to enjoy themselves!
Before we had dessert we wanted to have lunch - so we stopped in Chappell Hill and ate at their local diner. If we were trying to go for that "Texas Cafe" feel, this place couldn't have been more perfect.
Coca-Cola signs on the walls, the sweetest sweet tea you've ever had, friendly staff that knew everyones name, truck after truck parked out front and FAN-TASTIC chicken fried steaks.
Okay, lets get back to Bluebell. Have you ever seen this many flavors in one place?
YUMMY!
Drake even got a shirt that said
"I get cranky when I don't get my Bluebell Icecream!"
You got one free scoop with your tour and I picked an old classic, Mint Chocolate Chip. Tammy and Drake had Cotton Candy, Dad had Mocha Almond Fudge and Chrissy had a delightful Caramel Kettle Crunch. I picked up 4 new ice cream bowls - made in the USA by the Bluebell folks themselves and I'm so excited to show them to Jason - I'm sure he's just going to LOVE having 4 more bowls in the cupboards :)
After icecream we headed home and stopped by the park on the way.
Drake, Chris and Grandpa Beez played on the slides...
No comments:
Post a Comment