Tuesday, February 4, 2014

28 Weeks - Twin Update

The boys are healthy healthy healthy!

I am 28 weeks along now and am measuring at 36. The multiples specialist, Laura said "woah! they had a big jump this week!" because 2 weeks ago I was measuring at 33 weeks. She thinks in the next 2 weeks I'll be at full term size and warned me not to push it because of how big I'm getting already. I had to buy a back brace this weekend because by about 2 in the afternoon my back is done and it is getting more and more difficult for me to walk around.

Somehow I only gained 1 pound since my last visit with Laura. The babies seem to be getting enough healthy food and nutrients to keep them growing without packing on unnecessary pounds on me! Yay! I've been drinking smoothies like they're going out of style and I've got to attribute some of the good growth to the fact that those things are packed with fruits, veggies, protein, and flax or chia seeds. Pretty cool!

I now weigh 156.8 pounds and I started somewhere around 134. I think I may have weighed less in my first trimester, but that was only because before I knew I was pregnant, my new little inhabitants were sucking the life out of me and I was dropping weight way too fast... I got down to 125! That may be my post pregnancy target because I really liked how my clothes were fitting at that size. I probably haven't been that small since high school! Regardless of the numbers, I'm more focused on making sure these kids get enough good stuff for them to grow big and strong!!

All is well on the baby front and I couldn't be happier - aside from not being able to sleep more than 3 1/2 hours a night for the past couple weeks. Ugggg. I'm tired all the time but that's okay... If that's the worst of it, I can live with that.

What else? I've managed to pack up most of my office and am starting to transition it into the new nursery. We have one crib setup now, and I'm hoping to get another matching crib sometime after the baby shower in March. I really don't want anything else to match... except those cribs :)

And, a couple weeks ago I scored the sale of a lifetime with our stroller - they were transitioning the 2013 cribs out for the 2014 cribs and I was able to get the stroller I want for about 35% off the retail price. Woo hoo!! I got the Baby Jogger, City Select thanks heavily to the fact that Tammy has one and sang it's praises and then when I meet with the stroller specialist at Buy Buy Baby, he recommended it over all the other twin strollers. It's pretty awesome and there is a kick plate on the back so Travis can stand and ride on the back if he wants to. Pretty cool. And it's a tandem stroller, so we should be able to actually fit through doors. Big bonus!

I'm taking my glucose test today to test for gestational diabetes... cross your fingers that it comes back normal. I'll let you know how it goes when we get the results back.

That's all for now, have a great week everyone!
xoxo, CB




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...